5th Edition of PMBOK® Guide published by PMI
The PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition was released and credential examinations are updated to reflect changes in the professional reference. PMI is updating its certification examinations in July and August 2013. Learn more about the examination update schedule
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) —Fifth Edition reflects the collaboration and knowledge of working project managers and provides the fundamentals of project management as they apply to a wide range of projects. This internationally recognized standard gives project managers the essential tools to practice project management and deliver organizational results.
• A 10th Knowledge Area has been added; Project Stakeholder Management expands upon the importance of appropriately engaging project stakeholders in key decisions and activities.
• Project data information and information flow have been redefined to bring greater consistency and be more aligned with the Data, Information, Knowledge and Wisdom (DIKW) model used in the field of Knowledge Management.
• Four new planning processes have been added: Plan Scope Management, Plan Schedule Management, Plan Cost Management and Plan Stakeholder Management: These were created to reinforce the concept that each of the subsidiary plans are integrated through the overall project management plan.
Copyright Infringement Alert —Please notify us
We have noticed that some institutes which provide trainings on PMP Exam Preparation are using star-pm.com's material and making thousands of dollars by using star-pm.com study materials. of star-pm.com material for PMP Exam preparation are copyrighted and cannot be copied, sold, or used by other training providers, instructors, etc.
We will take necessary legal action on this copyright infringement. We kindly ask members or individuals who obtained our free demo material from us to notify star-pm.com at firstname.lastname@example.org encounter similar/same materials as the ones star-pm.com provide.
We appreciate your help and co-operation and we will continue to provide you best material with the best price.
4th Edition of PMBOK® Guide published by PMI
The Project Management Institute (PMI®) has announced the release of the 4th Edition of it's popular Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), as of 31 December 2008.
* Standard language has been incorporated throughout the document to aid reader understanding.
* New data flow diagrams clarify inputs and outputs for each process.
* Greater attention has been placed on how Knowledge Areas integrate in the context of Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling, and Closing process groups.
* Two new processes are featured: Identify Stakeholders and Collect Requirements.